How can you be any more productive when you work full time, study at University/ College or school, have a part time job, have children, a social life, go to the gym or play a sport, when you don't have any spare time? I know I often find it hard to juggle Uni, internships, a part time job, relationships, friendships and blogging but somehow I find a way, in proportion, to give my attention to each one when it fits.
Being productive doesn't necessarily mean getting things done quicker. Just because you finish something first, doesn't mean you've accomplished more then the person next to you. You of course blog because you love it but it can be hard to fit it in when you just want to eat and watch PLL. Don't panic, there are things you can do to get through your day a little bit easier.
1. Check your emails in the afternoon rather then the morning. Sounds silly as you want to get them out of the way, but your peak energy is in the morning (after a hearty breakfast, right!) so get your attention on the content of your blog or the task you want to complete.
2. Remember those big goals of yours. Write them down and revise them for a few minutes each morning. Remind yourself why you're blogging/ working hard, what you want to get out of it and keep yourself on track to reach those goals.
3. Watch less TV. Stop gazing at people who have everything and focus your time on everything that you want.
4. Do things off peak. Don't go to the gym when it's the most busy or the supermarket, go later or earlier. It'll give you more time to focus on other things in your life.
5. Write a 'Stop Doing' list. Most bloggers I know write To Do lists. They help us plan our lives! But write down the things that are stopping you from reaching something, keep a record of things you commit to stop doing.
6. Talk to yourself differently. Stop thinking "Omg, I need to do this and this, what am I going to do?! I'm so bloody stressed I can't handle this I'll do it later", and start thinking "Right, I have this and this to do, what is the best way for me to get it done? Why am I stressed? What can I do to ease this stress?" The words you choose will empower you or they won't. Choose wisely.
I know these aren't your usual 'Write a list of things to do' or 'Tidy your work/blogging space' but hopefully there are some fresh slaps in the face for you right here! Learn how to prioritise your work and stay focused and you will achieve your goals.
Labels: blogger advice, how to be a productive blogger, how to be productive, lifestyle, lifestyle blogger, productive, productive blogger, productive person