I know a lot of people struggle to drink the right amount of water, or get even close to the right amount. Women are recommended 2.7 litres of water a day and it can me easily done. Drinking water is a key part of a balanced diet, here are a few tips to help you out.
1. Pour a glass of water, leave it by your bed and drink it as soon as you wake up.
2. Get a water app. There are plenty that keep track of how much water you've drank. Use them.
3. Eat your water. Find out the top hydrated foods and eaten them (cucumber's a great one, so are grapes).
4. Invest in a bottle with a counter. Make sure you fill it up and space it out.
5. Set yourself reminders. If possible, set alarms throughout the day (e.g. 9, 12, 3, 6, 9) and calculate how much you need to drink at each alarm.
6. Funk it up. Pop some fruit or vegetables in it and some ice and you have fruit infused water.
7. Use a straw. Makes it a little more interesting right?
8. Drink cups of tea and coffee.
9. Make it a competition. Pop up a chart and see who can drink the most water.
10. Simply swap your usual drink with dinner for water. Cheaper and healthier.
So please take away a few of these tips and use them! Let me know if you have any other ideas below.
Labels: 10 ways to drink more water, fruit infused water, how to get more water in, tips drinking water