Your back is the biggest muscle to train, but I always look forward to training it. There are so many different ways to hit each muscle in different places, I am always on the look out for new exercises to try out. This exercise is so easy to do, I guarantee anyone of you can do this, just have the confidence!
This is called a straight arm pushdown and it targets your lats, but also works your lower back and your triceps. Whenever I do this, I tend to complete my sets (usually 3 sets of 10 as heavy as I can do), then I do a drop set. You can use any bar thats straight across where you need to put your hands.
How To Perform:
1. Place your hands a shoulder width apart on the bar with your palms facing down.
2. Push the bar down until it touches your upper thighs and you feel a stretch in your back.
3. Hold the position for a count and slowly control it back up.
4. Repeat for as many reps as desired (8-12)
- Keep your elbows slightly bent
- Breath out as you pushdown
- If you don't feel a stretch, move up a weight
If you do try this exercise out, it'll go perfectly with my first back exercise I posted here.
Let me know if you try this out. I hope my readers enjoy these introductions to various exercises, please let me know.
Labels: back workout, favourite back exercise, fitness blog, fitness blogger, hannah rose, hanrosewilliams, lat pull down